Welcome to the Chaos

You have stumbled upon the new blog (i.e. random babblings) of a quirky single mom. A shoot-from-the-hip, anti-pink (yet almost gaggingly perky), non-traditional, can cuss like a sailor but loves insanely and has the save the world syndrome gal who is bracing for a future as a Crazy Cat Lady though she secretly hopes like hell it doesn't come true. Enjoy your stay and feel free to say hi- I don't bite. Well, unless we're dating and you are into that type of thing or you contain peanut butter. >;-)

About Me

My photo
Quirky single mom of two monkeys. I used to beat up the kids that picked on the "special students" during recess. Now I work with those with chronic mental illness. I speak quite a few languages, enjoy coed naked underwater basket weaving, have an addiction to Sushi and humor is my defense mechanism. Arrogant people make my right eye twitch. I'm ambidextrously brained, I will knit for tattoos, I am the friend that everyone comes to for advice and bail money. I pride myself on keeping my eyes, ears, heart and mind open. Making me laugh goes a long way with me, I think the brain is the sexiest organ and I'm the kinda gal you can take anywhere and I'll have a good time. Other than that, I'm just me.

Followers

Ah Nataliisms- "Island of Love"

Not unlike myself, our living room furniture is on the chunky side. Also, like me, it puts the omf in comfy. After I finally got the ex to vacate the last dwelling, eldest monkey asked if we could rearrange the living room. Slightly odd request for a two year old, but my monkeys and I are slightly odd.

So, I left the big ole wompin' couch where it was and pulled the loveseat to the center of the room. Then, I pulled the chaise lounge thingie (which just sat in a corner usually as yeah, I'm not the hoity toity loungie thing type) up against the loveseat until it formed a ginormous square roughly the size of a queen size bed. We then all piled on it and snuggled down to watch The Muppet Movie. During the opening Rainbow Connection, the edlest one and I decided to name our new creation "The Island of Love." It seemed quite fitting.

The Island of Love has since moved with us. Guests that visit for the first time look at us with a mixture of confusion and "wow, they really are kinda nuts" until they park their judgmental tushies on it and feel the love. I fear a day when it will have to be separated. No matter how crazy or rough our lives get, The Island of Love is our safe haven. It's our fortress of fun, our wealth of woobiness, our sanctuary of snuggle, our lush landing of love.

And we, as you know, are all about the love.



1 comments:

CocoDivaDog said...

Awwwww,
This pic is giving me a warm & fuzzy feeling.

Post a Comment