Welcome to the Chaos

You have stumbled upon the new blog (i.e. random babblings) of a quirky single mom. A shoot-from-the-hip, anti-pink (yet almost gaggingly perky), non-traditional, can cuss like a sailor but loves insanely and has the save the world syndrome gal who is bracing for a future as a Crazy Cat Lady though she secretly hopes like hell it doesn't come true. Enjoy your stay and feel free to say hi- I don't bite. Well, unless we're dating and you are into that type of thing or you contain peanut butter. >;-)

About Me

My photo
Quirky single mom of two monkeys. I used to beat up the kids that picked on the "special students" during recess. Now I work with those with chronic mental illness. I speak quite a few languages, enjoy coed naked underwater basket weaving, have an addiction to Sushi and humor is my defense mechanism. Arrogant people make my right eye twitch. I'm ambidextrously brained, I will knit for tattoos, I am the friend that everyone comes to for advice and bail money. I pride myself on keeping my eyes, ears, heart and mind open. Making me laugh goes a long way with me, I think the brain is the sexiest organ and I'm the kinda gal you can take anywhere and I'll have a good time. Other than that, I'm just me.

Followers

Yo! I Got Your Love Right Here!

The monkeys were on a Black Eyed Peas kick last week. “It makes us giggle and makes our booties wiggle” is their reasoning. Can’t argue with that! We actually bravely ventured out for a bit on Black Friday. We were so not the early birds though. We were like the 9am birds. Our first stop was breakfast, then on to pick out Christmas mornin’ jammies (our lil tradition), various fun deals (hello Goonies for $3.99) and then ultimately our Christmas Tree (it’s up and lit, no decorations yet though).

Merrily cruising along on the way home when track #17 of the BEP CD I made them comes on. It’s “Where is the Love?” Thinking they’d passed out because they were actually quiet, Eldest Monkey screams “STOP! PULL OVER MOMMY!!” scaring the absolute shit outta me. To the point where I actually throw on my blinker and pull over on the side of the road, my heart thumping louder than the bass in the song. I slam it into park and spin around to ask EM what is wrong, doing a quick scan for blood or some proof of silent mayhem. She replies “You gotta call them now mommy.” “Umm…. Who am I calling and why baby?” “The Peas mommy, you gotta call them right now.” I know I should be PISSED because she’s screaming for me to pull over and they are both fine, but instead I’m just staring at her all perplexed. Deep breath.

“Well honey, I don’t have their phone numbers and why would I be calling them? “ Her lil eyes started to tear up as she fought to explain. “You just have to find their numbers mommy. You have to! They are so sad and they can’t find the love because of all this bad stuff that is going on in the world. They need to know mommy. They need to know that people care and help each other. They need to know that there are people out here that care about EVERYONE and would always help them and not hurt them. You taught us how to smile and show love to EVERYONE no matter how they treat us or where they are from or what they look like. Even when they are super grumpy. And especially when we don’t even know them. They need to know mommy that we got their love right here. No one loves more than we do. You taught us life is all about love. That we are all about love and the monkey family does give really good love mommy. You taught us how to. You just gotta call them and tell them that mommy. ”

Yeah, halfway through that I started tearing. It killed me to look at her and say “Baby, they are famous and famous people don’t put their phone numbers out there for everyone to see. “

Then the lilest monkey plucks the thumb out of her mouth and with such conviction says “It’s easy mommy, you just email them mommy and say ‘Yo! I got your love right here!’ Yup. That’s what ya do. You can google that.”

I freakin’ love my lil monkeys. And they’re right. We do give good love. ☺ So, to the Black Eyed Peas and everyone that’s ever wondered just where is the love? We say Yo! I got your love right here!

3 comments:

The Absence of Alternatives said...

LOVE THIS!!
*End comment. Can't say anything more*

Candid Carrie said...

Gives an entirely different meaning to "I love Fergie" doesn't it?

Ain't nothing better than pure honesty from a monkey's mouth. Congratulations on a leading by example and practicing what you preach. Save the Black Eyed Peas, save the world.

kellymar said...

I actually teared up a little and I'm not what you'd describe as the warm and fuzzy type.

Post a Comment