Welcome to the Chaos

You have stumbled upon the new blog (i.e. random babblings) of a quirky single mom. A shoot-from-the-hip, anti-pink (yet almost gaggingly perky), non-traditional, can cuss like a sailor but loves insanely and has the save the world syndrome gal who is bracing for a future as a Crazy Cat Lady though she secretly hopes like hell it doesn't come true. Enjoy your stay and feel free to say hi- I don't bite. Well, unless we're dating and you are into that type of thing or you contain peanut butter. >;-)

About Me

My photo
Quirky single mom of two monkeys. I used to beat up the kids that picked on the "special students" during recess. Now I work with those with chronic mental illness. I speak quite a few languages, enjoy coed naked underwater basket weaving, have an addiction to Sushi and humor is my defense mechanism. Arrogant people make my right eye twitch. I'm ambidextrously brained, I will knit for tattoos, I am the friend that everyone comes to for advice and bail money. I pride myself on keeping my eyes, ears, heart and mind open. Making me laugh goes a long way with me, I think the brain is the sexiest organ and I'm the kinda gal you can take anywhere and I'll have a good time. Other than that, I'm just me.

Followers

There Will Always Be Huggles

With any luck, the average person can expect a plethora of amazing moments throughout their lifetime. Of course that may vary a bit based on your definition of amazing and being open to recognizing it when ya see it. Life-changing moments, well those can be even harder sometimes. Sometimes you don’t even know they happen. You make a wrong turn by “accident,” cuss yourself out for it for like 10 minutes for doing so and never realize that had you not done that, the guy leaving the bar three sheets to the proverbial wind would have plowed into you head on in a few blocks. Sometimes they are obvious and easy- they arrive on your front door step wrapped in a bow with a tag. And sometimes they lurk in the distance. You see it sitting there, but you have to cross a big unknown without any idea how long it will take to get there and if it will be all that you thought it was once you do. Those take some courage to go for.

In the last 60+ days, I have leveled up like mad in the amazing moments and have recognized, embraced and am running full force with my life-changing moment.

And if you are reading this, odds are quite good you’ve been along for the ride and helped me level up. Thank you so very much.

I know I may sound a bit broken recordish when I say how in awe I have been with all the support of every kind that I have received. I’m also sure there’s a couple of you that may wanna smack me in the back of the head for repeating “I just wanna huggle each and every one of you.” But, I whole-heartedly mean it all.

I can’t believe how quickly these 60 days have gone. July 17th, the night I hit goal, will be forever etched in my memory so vividly. Part of me thought things would slow down when it occurred. Silly me, I swear they’ve sped up. In fact, I know they did. Juggling everything has been such a challenge for me. My relatively boring life has been beyond shaken up with so many different things. Things I am very, very grateful for. Balancing it all is my new goal. Because the girls are so excited about UberDork Cafe, sharing everything I’m working on with them has lead to some great family time. It has also lead to two mini business women who can crack a pretty rough whip sometimes. There are definitely some people I value immensely in my life I need to reconnect with though because this last month I haven’t been around for them nearly as much as I usually am and should be.

So, goal and step number one at this point for me is to work on balancing and juggling better. I know that’s not exciting stuff, but it’s honest and it’s necessary. One of the most important lessons I’ve fought to maintain in my life is to always be me, to be true to myself. That means through bad times and good. When I start to slip away from that, I feel horrible. I don’t do well at not being me. When I get burnt out and lose touch with people I care about, I not only am not true to myself , I am a bad example for my girls. Lil self #truthbatting there. : )

The next step in regards for UberDork Cafe is to properly thank my backers and my supporters. The web site is in the process of being completely revamped and built out to help me with that. It will also be the portal for all the news and updates going on with the Cafe. And there are soooo many things coming up!!

The Kickstarter Project was Phase I of the fundraising toward opening doors. It will go a long way in prepping and getting things set in stone that need to be. But, it is far from what I need in total to get the doors open. The next Phase brought me to tears when someone came forward with it. (I know the tears part at this point with me is not so shocking, but trust me- it’s HUGE!) I will be announcing it this weekend on the site. And I’ll make sure to get links out to that everywhere for you to see.

Wow, I just realized this is such a very different post from me. In my quirky way I do tend to self reflect, but not so seriously. Hee hee I’m sure you were expecting a “OMG THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! I WANT TO HUG YOU ALL!!” post. Trust me, I can’t even being to thank you all for not only getting the concept and all that is UberDork Cafe, but believing in it and in me. For being with me on this trek across the big unknown. If you read my “I Haz A BIG Love” post, you know how much it all means to me, how much you, my community, mean to me.

And there will always, always be huggles.

3 comments:

electricbob said...

Mazel tov!

NakedHobo said...

*Happy Dances* and *Huggles*

Chronic Geek said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! :)

Post a Comment