Welcome to the Chaos

You have stumbled upon the new blog (i.e. random babblings) of a quirky single mom. A shoot-from-the-hip, anti-pink (yet almost gaggingly perky), non-traditional, can cuss like a sailor but loves insanely and has the save the world syndrome gal who is bracing for a future as a Crazy Cat Lady though she secretly hopes like hell it doesn't come true. Enjoy your stay and feel free to say hi- I don't bite. Well, unless we're dating and you are into that type of thing or you contain peanut butter. >;-)

About Me

My photo
Quirky single mom of two monkeys. I used to beat up the kids that picked on the "special students" during recess. Now I work with those with chronic mental illness. I speak quite a few languages, enjoy coed naked underwater basket weaving, have an addiction to Sushi and humor is my defense mechanism. Arrogant people make my right eye twitch. I'm ambidextrously brained, I will knit for tattoos, I am the friend that everyone comes to for advice and bail money. I pride myself on keeping my eyes, ears, heart and mind open. Making me laugh goes a long way with me, I think the brain is the sexiest organ and I'm the kinda gal you can take anywhere and I'll have a good time. Other than that, I'm just me.

Followers

My Monkeys' Musical Musings

So, like a month ago it was the monkeys' weekend by their daddy and that mornin' they were all kinds of not happy about that. They don't really do well in general w/ their weekends there. That morning reason #329 as to why they didn't want to go by daddy... "His music sucks mommy.... can we say sucks??" Well, moi bein' moi, I sat down w/ them and let them pick a bunch of songs to put on a CD for them to bring with. This is what they came up with on their own (I did have to veto a couple of choices cuz I'm sure he'd bitch about the lyrics). All in all, I'm pretty proud- not bad for a first of what I am sure will be many.....



Monkey Music Madness- "Homeskillet Mix"

1. Anyone Else But You- Ellen Page & Mike Cera (Juno Sndtrk)
2. Three Little Birds- Bob Marley
3. Upside Down- Jack Johnson (Curious George Sndtrk)
4. Build Me Up Buttercup- Save Ferris
5. Bike- Pink Floyd
6. Baggy Trousers- Madness
7. Surfin’ Bird- The Trashmen
8. You Really Got Me- The Kinks
9. Higher Ground- Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. Mambo Italiano- Rosemary Clooney
11. Little Old Lady From Paseadena- Beach Boys
12. Shake Your Rumpa- Beastie Boys
13. I Wanna Be Sedated- Ramones
14. Kung Fu Fighting- Fat Boy Slim Mix
15. Immigrant Song- Led Zeppelin
16. Another Postcard from Chimpanzee’s- BNL
17. Istanbul- They Might Be Giants
18. 3 Is a Magic Number- Blind Melon
19. One in a Lifetime- Talking Heads
20. Zach’s Song- School of Rock
21. Son of a Preacher Man- Dusty Springfield
22. Friday I’m in Love- Cure
23. I Wanna Be A Monkey- Ren & Stimpy
24. Kooks- David Bowie
25. Somewhere Over the Rainbow/- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Nice mix! I love it when kids have good taste in music. My munchkin is verrry picky about what CDs she lets me play in the car, which drives me crazy but she's 3 and 1/2 and demanding Gogol Bordello (the clean songs)and Sufjan Stevens, so I can't too annoyed.

UberDorkGirlie said...

Nice! Yeah, there will be many more of these in the future. They already started Number 2. :)

Post a Comment